Saturday, August 8, 2009



Today my MIL is 69 so I have picked some pictures of her with my kids and with my FIL from the reunion in June. She and I were very close when the kids were growing up, she kept Jeremy and was always closer to him than Gina, I really feel for her having to take care of my FIL and she basically has to take care of Les's sister who is going through a divorce and very needy. She is really aging fast, lost a lot of weight and you can tell in her face she is a smoker.

****************

I was supposed to do my mission project but the gentleman was out of town so I called my Mom and we were going out to eat at the Huddle House when Gina called me and needed to go to Urgi-care because her face was worse and my sister told her it might be Mercer so Charli ate with us (she let my Mom hold her so I am Happy!) and then I took her home until Gina got done. I am glad she went because it is Mercer so she is on a stronger antibiotic and he drained it and told her to use hot compresses. Les and I are about to go pick Charli up for awhile. He can see her before he goes to work at 10:00.
While I was keeping her she poured her juice on the floor so I 'spanked' her and told her to sit and that she was in Time Out and explained we Do Not pour juice on the floor, she didn't really cry but kept saying "Meme!" over and over again. I cleaned it up and took her to get her diaper changed and ready for bed and I asked "Did Meme spank you?" she patted her bottom and said "Spank, spank" and I repeated her and she said "Juice" I think she got the message, LOL!

***********

Kar, thanks for your concern about my cough! It is a chronic thing I have to deal with, I take Prednisone, acid reflux meds, allergy meds, Flax seed oil and my cough stuff. The air here is so hot and humid I struggle breathing and when I get hot I cough. Actually I got sick in June 1989 and in August went to work at the Pharmacy at Wal-Mart, My friends are all getting their 20 year pins now. I was there 12 years. When I went for my interview I fell out of the chair and someone had to help me up, LOL! I was hired for the pet dept. manager but was so weak I couldn't lift and I was put at the Pharmacy as OTC manager and actually got 50 cent more an hour! The disease I have is called Polymyositis and Interstitial Lung Disease After 20 years it is a part of me, just aggravating when I want to do something, Gina teases saying she could always find me in a crowd by listening for my cough, LOL! It really helped me in my job because I often talked to people about the medicines, I took some strong medicines over the years and was able to share and have more compassion than I would have if I was not sick. I honestly believe everything can have a blessing if you look for it.

Well off to get my baby to play with!

No comments: