Thursday, August 20, 2009


Charli is now 19 months old. I have an advantage because I can compare her to other toddlers and can see her progress, she is getting tall. This is not a clear picture because she moved and I had the flash off but she is about 34" tall. This is the shirt I brought her today, She Loves 'Bob Bob" and she and I watch it and she sings along with the theme. Also she sings Old McDonald a little, the Barney theme and Jesus Loves Me. She will keep repeating Jesus over and over and I had her in the car a couple weeks ago and a Praise song was repeating 'Jesus' and she started singing with it. So cute.
I am trying to learn more about Autism just in case the child I am concerned about has it and found this great article. I was sitting beside him at nap rubbing his back and I notices even when I first barely touched him he he shivered. He follows kids around and likes to lay on them and will take one child's soft blankie and lay on the floor with his face on it. He doesn't take his shoes off like the others either. I have started learning about autism. My mission is to help him with what I can. He turned 2 this month and he has said 3 words, Mama, Daddy and Nanna. His hearing is fine and he will be starting speech soon. They are going to evaluate him next week and I am going to write up my observations. I will start working on a scrapbook called Through the Eyes of Mason. I want it to be positive yet show he needs early intervention.
I enjoyed my class again yesterday! It is so much better to have 6 younger kids! My youngest will be 2 in November so they are still all older than Charli. I need to work on my little Swiper! When she takes a toy I keep repeating Swiper Stop Swiping and use time out. This is a Dora character, a little fox who is a thief, LOL!
I am not starting out my day happy, though, I went to get my CF-Pepsi and there were 2 bottles that had been opened and so I didn't have one to take my pills or to take to work, I know I didn't do that but I am sure Les will deny it... might as well have teenagers around! Got to stop at the store.

1 comment:

Zaroga said...

I hope you found your planner. Charli is really growing fast!

It has been a long time since I've been around someone who has autism. The one I knew years ago was obsessed with water.