Friday, July 3, 2009

We have been in the village a year now and I was thinking how much I have changed. If you would have told me 3 years ago I would be a Gardener I would have thought you were Crazy! After all I never had a green thumb, that was my Nanny and Grandmother's thing!
Now I am really into herbs and plan on having a great herb garden next year! Best yet it is something Le and I share! He helped me fix a table this morning, he and I went out and got a biscuit and got a couple of plants and some potting soil then came home and worked in the yard. I was looking for some garden art today and found this CD craft. Les said he would help make some type of sculptures. I think we will make some windchimes, too.

Here is my herb table!

This is the mint I brought from my old house

Dwarf purple basil

Spicy Globe basil

This is the violet I got from one of my students in February! It really looks wonderful!

I enjoy bird watching and spend a lot of time with Gina. I also stay out of temptation for the most part and avoid going to craft stores and Wal-Mart to save money, LOL! After all we had to give up our house with all of Les's medical bills and can barely make ends meet now so I do not need to get into more trouble. (This was hard to admit!) Les has stuck to his at least one Doctor visit a month and some months it has been twice. At least now he has no broken bones!
Now we spend a lot of time with friends and have a neat house, mostly, and have people over often! That is something I have never done! I always hated any one to come over but now we have people in and out all the time! My Mom comes over often, too!
Oh, and importantly I gave up my caffeine Pepsis! Even I did not think I could do that!
A year has gone by quickly and I miss a lot of things but I am a better person, for the most part, a happier one, any way!

1 comment:

Zaroga said...

I try to stay away from stores too... always buy something that I really don't need.

The herb table is a great idea. The plants look great there! All your plants and flowers look great!

I had a spell where I just did a lot of graphics... then the photo bug really hit. Some day I will play with the graphic side a bit more.

Probably a good thing I don't have grandchildren... I would probably have the scrapbook bug :-)

Have a great weekend!