Tuesday, July 7, 2009


I really enjoyed watching Charli learn how to pull the wagon! She started out by pushing it from behind then I would show her and finally she got it. I know now more than ever how important guidance is. I have to spend many hours a year learning more and more about children and what makes them tick. I wish kids were taught in school some of the things I learn! Gina always comments how Charli is so much better for me, that's a no brainer, I am giving her all my attention, not trying to wash clothes or clean the house, We spend most time with her sitting beside me or in my lap, and talking!
I got a new child yesterday, he will be 2 this month. He can't talk much, makes grunts in his throat mostly, sleeps in a crib, can't use a spoon well and so much more, he has never been in Daycare. I have several extra gray hairs this morning! Between him and Bryce biting I was stressed out. I will be glad to hold My Baby this afternoon!
I am so glad Gina is like me and not a screamer. Most of mine and Les' families are and I see them get in their child's face and yell "I am going to slap you!" I cry internally for those children every time! I spent a lot of time with my grand parents since I was the oldest and that was a great blessing! My grand parents not only had my RESPECT but they gave me RESPECT! I do not remember them ever getting in my face and screaming! Especially out in public. My kids will tell you I Never did this or embarrassed them in front of their friends. If I had to correct them I would take them aside and whisper in their ear or take them to the bathroom. Now Les was a screamer but he learned so Gina had a much better Dad than Jeremy, LOL!
Why am I writing this? I guess because it is 3:30 and I couldn't sleep and I am rambling, LOL! It is just too important, I would have never lived with Les 28 years if he had spoken to me this way, a poor child does not have a big choice, but then I do not like Drama!
I have started reading "A Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I never planned to read it, Les bought it and left it in my car so I picked it up, I got behind over the week end and was reading when I decided to go ahead and post, I was reading about the driving forces of some people's lifes and how hurt, resentment, guilt and fear can drive them. I think of my own Dad and how words he said pushed me away from him for many years and how my family members do not talk since his death. Words can be poison to our hearts and the tone of those words can amplify the sting. Yes, I wish I could tell those family members it will be too late to take back those words, your kids are growing up and will be one day talking to your grand children like you talked to them. I am glad my kids do!
Oh, it will be a few days before we get Les' biopsy results, he does have diverticulitis, though.

1 comment:

Zaroga said...

Charli is so cute with the wagon!

I have known of some that did worse than scream at there child. They called them stupid, idiot and other such names. I never did that. I would tell them they did something stupid or something I didn't like, but never called them names.

I think after a certain age you automatically have diverticulitis :-)