Wednesday, March 9, 2011



I have been doing some deep thinking today. My son-in-law's father is going through so much with bladder cancer and is in so much pain. Daily she asks for prayers and he is on the list at church, I believe in prayers! My thought today is if you claim to believe it must be more than posts for others to pray for you and having a random verse generated on your profile!
I love my children with all my heart! I would do anything in my power for Gina, Jeremy not as much. That may sound cruel but when you know the circumstances is really isn't. Gina will call me to see if there is anything I need, she never sees me without hugging and kissing me hi and bye. In church she stands praying with her arms around me. Jeremy is 3000 miles away, no call on my birthday (he was training) and when he got home never said Happy belated birthday. We send Christmas yet not a card from them. I get a text once in a while I love you but usually in answer to one I sent. You know I don't love him any less than Gina, he was my first child! He just breaks my heart as a Mom, since he joined the Army I have no personal relationship with him.
I believe Christ is the same. We are taught that God is Abba, Father. To be a Child of God and earn the right to call on Him we need to have a personal relationship with him. We can't just call and say I need healing now and expect Him to heal. God allows adversity to come to wake us up from our selfish sinful lives so we have the chance to turn around.
My dear SIL comes to church once in awhile to appease Gina but his Mom and Dad have no church home. When he dies who will preach his funeral? At least he has a choice, what about those taken quickly in a wreck our like my friend Gail who passed away at 42 of a heart attack in her sleep?
When it comes to my two oldest grandbabies who are 4 days apart, when I die Charli will miss me terribly, Seth will say "I didn't know her"

Matthew 7:21-23 (New King James Version)


21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawless

No comments: