Wednesday, January 5, 2011


Words determine thinking, thinking determines our feelings & feelings determine the decisions we make. This is from the study tonight at church we started called Taking Control Rom 12:1-3
Preacher Bud talked to us about the difference in praying and communing with God.
As a teen I was taught that God cared about our every day life, things as simple as a good parking place so I have always spoken to Him saying, "Lord, I am in a hurry and need a close spot today" or if I lost something' "Lord I need to know what I did with that" and He would give me that spot or bring to mind where I put the object. This is a way that we communicate. I was sitting there and a light came on, God does talk to me in simple daily acts.
These 3 verses in Romans are a good start for this study:


1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Serve God with Spiritual Gifts.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
New King James Version (NKJV)

My Spiritual Gifts are CREATING, TEACHING, STUDYING & USING MY FAITH. I am blessed to teach Young Adults and to be the Church Photographer, I thought that I would have to give up teaching because I do not have the stamina that I used to and had given up teaching preteens when the Adults class came open, it has been a blessing to me!
Taking Control is something I have to do daily knowing I live and have breath that day because God sees fit to allow it, I can't give up because my Doctor says I need a lung transplant or that my lungs are at 41%, I have things to do, I want to see my grandchildren saved and other family members in their places in a church right for them! I want to keep taking pictures and keep my mind sharp and learn more and more about my Savior, Jesus Christ! I am looking forward to learning more and pray the weather on Wednesday nights will allow more members to come! (It was wet and cold tonight)
Please pray my son, Jeremy, will be moved to start sincerely looking for a church home in Tacoma Washington!

No comments: