Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grandmama has cancer



Found out that Grandmama has Breast Cancer this week. She just celebrated her 90th birthday last month and now she is facing this. She has always been pretty healthy, I as feeling pretty bad to see this wonderful woman face this. They won't do chemo because of her age because it will run her down. She has always traveled a lot, Been in all the states but Alaska.
She is also the most influential person in my life along with my other grandmother, my Nanny who died in 1989 of Spinal Cancer, she had had breast cancer in both sides.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! I am so sad to hear this! I will keep her, and the rest of your family, in my prayers!! Sending hugs!! ~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Tammy I am so sorry to just meet you in yahoo groups and find out about grandmama. My grandmother just passed away in June and that is when I started scrapbooking. I made a scrapbook with all the kids, grandkids and the greats and put them all together for the wake. I will certainly keep her in my prayers. I also noticed you have one in the army. I have my son Jake who is active duty for Iraq. He will be deployed in a short while. Prayers all around.
P.S. You have beautiful pictures in the gallery.
Blessings,
Linda